VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: FUNDRAISING DIRECTOR
Volunteer opportunity, year-round, part-time role
(Download job description as PDF)
Do you have fundraising experience and a burn for music? We’d love to hear from you. We’re the Salem Jazz and Soul Festival, a group of fun,
music-loving people on the North Shore. The Salem Jazz and Soul Festival is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that produces free concerts for the
public and raises money to support music education programs. We’re looking for someone to drive funding and development for our summer music
series in Salem, MA. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Fundraising Director Job Description:
In partnership with the Executive Director and Community Relations Director, spearhead development efforts as SJSF continues to grow. This is a
new position in the organization, and you’ll have the opportunity to build the development function from the ground up.
• Develop and execute SJSF’s annual fundraising plan
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
• Create and execute a strategy to build a large sustained base of annual individual donors
• Manage the implementation of a sponsorship pipeline report and ensure donations and sponsorships are documented in the system
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
What we hope you bring to the festival…
• Experience — at least 5+ years in a development position
• Vision and execution — we’re building this function from scratch for the first time, and we’re looking for someone who can see the “big picture”
but will also roll up their sleeves and get things done
• Organizational abilities — we need your strong organizational, managerial and communication skills
• Passion — a shared passion for our non-profit mission (free music for the public, supporting music education programs in schools and other
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Michelle Desaulniers at email@example.com.
About the Salem Jazz and Soul Festival
Our Mission: The Salem Jazz and Soul Festival is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that produces free concerts for the public and raises money to
support music education programs.
Producing free concerts for the public: At the center of SJSF is the tenet that communities unite through the rich experience music provides. Since its
founding in 2007, SJSF has accomplished just that by reaching thousands of adults and children through the highly popular SJSF/Berklee Summer
Series and SJSF’s main festival event at the Salem Willows, and by raising $25,000 in funds for music education programs in local schools and youth
Supporting Music Education Programs: In addition to allowing us to produce free music events for the public, proceeds from the festival benefit music
education programs in school and youth programs. This year, in addition to making donations to programs in Salem, our reach has expanded to
support music education programs in other North Shore communities. This year's beneficiaries include music programs at Salem High School, the
Lynn Public Schools system and the North Shore Recovery High School in Beverly. This is the first year we've made contributions outside of Salem...
and we're proud to say....we're growing! This brings our 6-year total of funds raised for music education programs to $25,000.